St. Louis is the city closest to Belleville, Illinois. Located in St. Clair county, Illinois, Belleville is a small city that has all the charm and character of a quintessential midwestern town.
The city, which is situated in the southwestern part of the state, is known for its rich history, outdoor recreation opportunities, lively arts scene, and beautiful parks and gardens. While Belleville has plenty to offer residents and visitors alike, many people who come to the area are curious about what other cities are nearby.
If you’re wondering which city is closest to Belleville, Illinois, the answer is St. Louis. Just a short drive across the Mississippi river, st. Louis is a vibrant metropolis that has something for everyone, from world-class museums to delicious local cuisine. If you’re planning a visit to Belleville, be sure to set aside some time to explore all that St. Louis has to offer as well.
Three Cities Close To Belleville
Belleville, a beautiful city in Illinois, is surrounded by numerous cities that offer diverse experiences for residents and visitors. If you’re wondering which cities are nearby and what they have to offer, you’ve come to the right place. Here, we will explore three cities close to Belleville and everything you need to know about them.
City 1: O’Fallon
O’fallon, a vibrant city, is located just 13 miles east of Belleville, making it an ideal destination for a day trip. Here’s everything you need to know about o’fallon:
- Location: O’fallon is situated in St. Clair County and it’s bordered by Belleville to the west, Shiloh to the east, Scott air force base to the north, and fairview heights to the south.
- History and attractions: O’fallon was founded in 1856 and has a rich historical background. The city is home to several attractions, including the o’fallon community park, the o’fallon family sports park, and the St. Clair square mall.
- Population and demographics: According to the united states census bureau, Fallon has a population of approximately 29,000, with a median age of 35 years, making it a city of young adults. About 82% of o’fallon residents are white, while african americans account for 10% of the population, followed by Asians, Hispanics, and native americans.
City 2: Fairview Heights
Fairview Heights is a lovely city located about 7 miles south of Belleville. If you’re looking for a city with a more urban feel, this is the perfect destination. Here’s what you need to know about Fairview Heights:
- Location: Fairview Heights is located in St. Clair County. It is surrounded by numerous cities, including Swansea to the east, o’fallon to the south, and Belleville to the north.
- History and attractions: Fairview Heights was incorporated in 1969 and has grown into a bustling city. It is home to numerous attractions, including the St. Clair square mall, the stone wolf golf course, and pleasant ridge park.
- Population and demographics: According to the united states census bureau, fairview heights has a population of approximately 16,000, with a median age of 36 years. The majority of the population is white, accounting for 73%, followed by african americans, Hispanics, Asians, and other races.
City 3: Swansea
Swansea, a charming city situated less than 5 miles northeast of Belleville, is the third city on our list. If you’re looking for a city with a small-town feel, Swansea is an excellent option. Here’s what you need to know:
- Location: Swansea is located in St. Clair County, and is bordered by fairview heights to the east, Belleville to the southwest, and o’fallon to the southeast.
- History and attractions: Swansea was founded in 1886 and has a rich historical background. It is home to several attractions, including the melvin price memorial park, the Swansea fish stand, and the Rain sculpture.
- Population and demographics: According to the united states census bureau, Swansea has a population of approximately 13,000, with a median age of 41 years. The majority of the population is white, accounting for 88%, followed by african americans, Hispanics, Asians, and other races.
If you’re looking for cities close to Belleville that offer unique experiences, these three cities are worth visiting. From o’fallon’s thriving community to Fairview Heights’ urban environment to Swansea’s small-town feel, there’s something for everyone.
How To Choose The Best City Near Belleville
Factors To Consider When Choosing A Nearby City
Belleville, Illinois, is a beautiful and growing city, but it’s always great to explore nearby areas. Choosing the best city near Belleville may depend on various factors, such as job opportunities, housing cost, proximity to schools, and social amenities. Here are key factors to consider when choosing a nearby city:
- Job opportunities: Depending on your career, finding a city that offers great job opportunities and higher wages could be a deciding factor.
- Housing cost: When looking for a nearby city, the cost of housing is paramount. Some cities may have inexpensive or pricey options for housing.
- Proximity to schools: Parents should consider a city with good schools, preferably those with high graduation rates and strong academic programs.
- Social amenities: A city with different shopping options, and outdoor activities like parks helps an individual or family to settle in smoothly.
Discussion Of Each City’S Pros And Cons
When one moves to a new location, the experience can be either great or terrible, depending on the living conditions, accessibility to basic needs, and how the city suits the individual’s lifestyle. In this section, we will discuss some of the cities near Belleville, Illinois, in terms of their pros and cons:
- O’fallon, Illinois: A city with a low crime rate, decent housing cost, and proximity to multiple schools. However, o’fallon is not ideal for those looking for a quiet area to settle down away from the city’s hustle and bustle.
- Fairview heights, Illinois: A great shopping destination, proximity to two major highways, and quite affordable housing makes it a nice place to settle down. However, there are limited job opportunities in the area.
- Edwardsville, Illinois: It is a great university town with a low crime rate, good schools, and a wide range of housing options. However, there are limited job opportunities outside of the university.
- St. louis, missouri: Being a metropolitan city, st. louis has a wide variety of job opportunities, entertainment options, and diverse neighborhoods. However, it also has a high crime rate and costly housing.
Tips For Evaluating Which City Is The Best Fit For An Individual’S Needs
Now that you know the factors to consider when choosing a nearby city and have a glimpse of some of the cities near Belleville, it is essential to evaluate each city’s suitability based on your lifestyle. Here are some tips to help you in the process:
- Identify your priorities and preferences: Knowing your priorities and preferences will help you pick a city that matches your lifestyle. Do you prefer quiet living areas or vibrant ones? Do you prioritize job opportunities over housing and social amenities?
- Research the city online: Knowing more about a city will help you understand the city’s culture, people, and experiences. Check for the city’s official website, read the local news, and look for blogs by locals who have lived in the city.
- Visit the city: After shortlisting your preferred nearby cities, plan a visit to get a sense of the area, and identify proximity to major roads, schools, and amenities. Spend some time in the area and engage with the locals to get first-hand information about the city.
- Seek professional help: Moving to a new area can be challenging without the right assistance. A real estate agent can guide you through the relocation process and guide you to the best options according to your preference.
When looking for a nearby city, it is essential to consider factors such as job opportunities, housing cost and proximity to schools and social amenities. Every city has its pros and cons, and it is vital to evaluate each city’s suitability based on your lifestyle and preference.
Frequently Asked Questions On Which City Is Close To Belleville Illinois?
What City Is Near Belleville Illinois?
The closest city to Belleville Illinois is St. Louis, Missouri.
How Far Is St. Louis From Belleville Illinois?
St. Louis is about 16 miles west of Belleville Illinois.
What Is The Driving Time From Belleville To St. Louis?
It takes about 25 minutes to drive from Belleville to St. Louis.
Is There Public Transportation Between Belleville And St. Louis?
Yes, there is a metro bus that runs from Belleville to St. Louis.
What Are The Major Attractions In St. Louis?
The major attractions in St. Louis include the gateway arch, forest park, and the Missouri botanical garden.
Belleville, Illinois is a charming city with plenty to offer, whether you’re visiting or settling down here. But sometimes, residents and tourists alike yearn for a change of scenery or a little adventure in a nearby city. Fortunately, there are plenty of cities close to Belleville that can give you just that.
Whether you’re looking for big-city excitement or a small-town feel, you’ll find what you’re looking for just a short drive away. Whether you choose to explore St. Louis, Missouri for its iconic gateway arch or venture to Peoria, Illinois for its riverfront views, you’ll find that there are countless nearby cities that are worth a visit.
So, the next time you’re itching for a change of pace, consider taking a short trip to one of these places and discover all the exciting things these cities have to offer. Happy travels!